So, I’ve been under the fog that everyone knew what a Hobo Skillet was. Apparently, it was only a “thing” at my house growing up. Surely, there’s another name for this yummy goodness of a meal but a Hobo Skillet is what my family called it. I mean no disrespect to real hobos. They can call it a Trinity Skillet for all I care:) Wanna hear it? Here it go.
- 3 Tbs Oil
- 28 oz package Ore-Ida Potatoes O’Brien with peppers and onions
- 9.6 oz package Jimmy Dean precooked turkey sausage
- 7-9 eggs
- Salt to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and cook until halfway done. (about 7 minutes)
3. Pour in sausage and stir.
4. Make wells for eggs
5. Crack eggs into said wells
6. Cover and reduce heat to somewhere between simmer and medium heat. I’m going to call it “smedium”.
7. Cook 12-15 or until eggs are done to your liking.
8. Add salt
P.S. This is a dumbed down version of what my Mom made. If you want a “non box” recipe, you’d substitute the Potatoes O’Brien package for about 6-8 small peeled and cubed red potatoes, one small onion, 1/4 green bell pepper and 1/4 red bell pepper. Then, substitute the precooked sausage with a package of breakfast sausage.