Wahoo! April is National Poetry Month! Who doesn’t love a good poem? I have a confession…I didn’t really like poetry much, not too long ago. Well, I like it now and that’s all that matters:) Anyway, finding poetry is not normally a problem. Finding poetry that boys will read, sometimes proves to be difficult. I’ve listed 10 poetry books for boys. Are they the only ones out there? NO WAY! This is just a short list for your reluctant poetry reader. Here they are in no particular order. P.S. Girls will also enjoy these:)
That Book Mama
Poetry For Boys
- Dirt On My Shirt – Foxworthy, Jeff
- Toad By The Road – Ryder, Joanne
- Dinothesaurus – Florian, Douglas
- Bugs: Poems About Creeping Things – Harrison, David L.
- Rules Of The Game: Baseball Poems – Maddox, Marjorie
- Comets, Stars, The Moon, And Mars – Florian, Douglas
- A Whiff Of Pine, A Hint Of Skunk – Ruddell, Deborah
- Guyku: A Year Of Haiku For Boys – Raczka, Bob
- Truckery Rhymes – Scieszka, Jon
- The Brothers’ War: Civil War Voices In Verse – Lewis, J. Patrick
2 thoughts on “National Poetry Month! …Even For Boys:)”
For those thinking poetry is for sissies, Robert Service has the machismo of Jack London. And he rhymes.
If you don’t mind terribly, I think I’ll stick to this, Trin. The minuses of Facebook seem to far outweigh the pluses 🙂
This is totally fine, Dan.